The Booking Questions feature allows you to request additional required information from the customer during the checkout process. The [...]
The Booking Questions feature allows you to request additional required information from the customer during the checkout process.
The following booking questions are currently available for you to configure:
- Traveler names (all travelers)
- Weight and height
- Pick-up/arrival location and drop-off/departure location
The following booking questions are under development and will be available in the next release of this feature: date of birth and passport
By default, all Expedia customers are required to provide the lead traveler’s name, a phone number, and an email address during the checkout process.
Steps to set up Booking Questions
- The Booking Questions link is available in the left-hand navigation of Expedia Group Activities Partner Central
- Once on the page, click ‘Add questions’
- Select which questions you need to collect from your customers
- Select which specific product(s) or option(s) you want to apply the booking questions to. When configuring your booking questions set, select all booking questions required for the product(s)/option(s). Please note that you will only be able to include each option in one booking questions set.
- Name your Booking Questions set
- If you need different questions for different product(s) and/or option(s), you may create additional booking question sets
Can I make updates to my existing booking questions?
Yes, you can edit, duplicate, or delete your booking questions at any time.
Is there a limit to the number of booking questions that I can set up?
Be mindful of the number of questions you ask. Only request details that are crucial for this reservation. Expedia may decide to hide these questions if we receive traveler complaints.
Are booking questions enabled for all bookings?
Booking Questions will not be asked on the Package path or for Ground Transfer products.
How will I view the answers to my Booking Questions?
- If you are not currently working with a connectivity provider:
- Customer responses will be included in the attachment from your Booking Notifications email. You can also see answers anytime via the Reports page in Partner Central.
- If you are currently working with a connectivity provider:
- All customer responses will be available to you via the Reports page in Partner Central. Our API Connectivity team has created an API version update that will allow us to send booking question responses directly to your system at time of booking. Please work with your connectivity provider to learn more about the timing planned for upgrading to this version.
- If you are connected to Expedia via your own API:
- At this time, all customer responses will be available to you via the Reports page in LXPC. Our API Connectivity team will reach out directly with an updated API spec that will allow you to ingest responses directly into your system at time of booking.
I already have hotel pick up enabled via the flag on the Options page, do I need to re-configure my settings under Booking Questions?
If you want to add a hotel pick up questions on a new product/option, please do so via the Booking Questions features.
Did this answer your question?